"SANTA MARIA DI GESU'" 'S CHURCH
Interior of the Church
In its well-proportioned interior, the architecture and the valuable woodcarvings and stone engravings, reveal how modesty (bashfulness) matches with grace.
The marble statue of the Virgin "Santa Maria di Gesù", made by Giuseppe Gagini, maintains the original beauty that the eminent sculptor conferred to it.
Inside the church there are two excellent "vare", made by our fellow citizen Filadelfio Allò. In the wood-carved "vara": Madonna del Cardellino it is possible to read the name of the client: D. Joseph Costantino.
In the other "vara", richer in carvings, it is hardly possible to read the name of its procurator and the date: Nicola Cupani 1747.
Coloured ceramic bricks cover the campanile, with its quadrangular embattled tower, surmounted by a conic pinnacle, and it appears harmonic and elegant.